Well, I started this entry before our crazy day at the hospital... and I just wrapped it up today.
We went to a friend's 30th birthday party last Friday night - it was a frightful reminder of what awaits me in about 390 days. But it was also a nice reminder that twentysomethings and thirtysomethings with kids can still have a good time. One room of the house was full of people playing Wii Tennis, while the other half had people playing Guitar Hero, World Tour... what a great way to spend an evening.
While taking a break from gaming, I had the chance to get some more practice with holding a baby since our friends Matt & Lisa brought Caden, who is only 6 weeks old. For some reason, I always feel awkward when I hold the baby, or I feel like the baby is very uncomfortable with the way I'm holding it. While I held Caden, Alysia and Brian (another friend, born in Michigan) confirmed that I did, indeed, look awkward. With a few adjustments, I managed to do the job.
We made a little more progress this week to prepare for the big day - we picked the color scheme for the bedroom. If only that was the hard part.... We will be painting all North and South walls a pale yellow, and East & West walls will have large vertical stripes of bright and pale yellow with a lime green horizontal stripe. To add another level of complication, there will be skinny white stripes on either side of the lime green stripe. We've never tried anything like this before, so I'm sure that it will be an interesting experiment. If we pull it off, it should look great based on some pictures that we've seen. We plan to go out tomorrow (Saturday) to buy the paint, so we'll be ready to start on the room the next time we get a foot of snow over the weekend....
As I'm writing this, Alysia is reminding me of other things that we haven't done yet. On that note, I should quit writing and start doing.
Until next time...
- Mike
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment