Thursday, June 25, 2009

Home Safe and Sound

We were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday afternoon! Talia was ready to come home earlier, but the doctors were waiting to make sure that Mommy's blood levels were on the up-swing and she could walk around the hospital floor before releasing her.

I (Alysia) am feeling better every day. Talia's birthday was crazy and although I believe I experienced all forms of labor and complication, it was worth it. We have a beautiful and amazing little girl who brings a smile to our faces all day long. I will definitely post my version of Talia's "Birth Story" soon, but am still reflecting (unfortunately through some pretty vivid dreams).

Since coming home, we have had some great fun with Talia. Here are some pictures!

Talia loves her Daddy. We have a great routine established for feedings and Mike is the official mid-meal burper and caretaker after the meal. Here are a few shots of Daddy with Talia:

We've learned a few things about Talia in just a few short days. 1) She loves to be SWADDLED - it's a sure way to induce sleeping. 2) She has a VERY STRONG NECK. She's already a bit hard to contain so I suppose we've been warned. 3) She self-soothes by SUCKING and is very fond of HER FINGERS. We've heard her grunting on several occasions for several minutes and find she's worked her arms out of her swaddle just to access her face with her hands. 4) Her digestive system works very well. We'll be going through many outfits in the coming weeks as her EXPLOSIONS simply aren't contained. 5) She makes many animal noises. She's already been called a MOUSE, MONKEY, and VELOCA RAPTOR for her sounds.

We're truly blessed to have been given the most precious little girl. Every step of this process was a struggle for us and we appreciate the chance we've been given to be Talia's Mommy and Daddy.

Alysia

2 comments:

The Boyle's said...

You guys look great! Talia is just a little baby doll! **love** I wish I could be there to snuggle her! Alysia, if you have any questions, I am a phone call away! Enjoy every moment and take lots of pictures!

<3, Rosalie

Unknown said...

It's so good to see everyone home and so happy!!! SHe is just beautiful! (can I say it enough??? haha)