Friday, July 24, 2009

My Town

Ever since I was born, Mommy and Daddy have been introducing me to my town. They say that it's important for me to enjoy the outdoors in the next few months, because I'll be spending all of my time inside starting in December. So, we go places all the time!

One of the places they say I'll love some day is the Dow Diamond. We went to a Great Lakes Loons baseball game on Monday night. I was a bit bored for the first half of the game, but I got excited after getting my picture taken with Lou E. Loon and stayed up for the rest of the evening!

Although I'll miss out this summer, Mommy and Daddy promise me that I'll get to enjoy ice cream next year. I still don't think it was very nice of them to walk me to the local creamery and enjoy treats without letting me have a lick.

When I grow up, I'm definitely going to like the place we went last night. We were there to celebrate Mommy and Daddy's friend Lisa's birthday and so many of my buddies were there. There were enough of us babies that we could have had our own table. Mmm.... Pizza Sam's!


Mommy and I go for walks every afternoon. I usually get cranky after lunch, and Mommy outsmarts me by taking me somewhere in my stroller. I try so hard to fight sleeping, but those bumps sure do cause me to doze! She shows me new places and talks to me while we walk. I like to listen to her voice and really do hear her - I know I'll enjoy the places we go next year when I'm awake!

Here is the Tridge. We come down here every weekend for the Farmer's Market. There's also a splash park nearby where Grandpa is already itching to take me next year!

I know I'm going to have fun here some day!
Talia

3 comments:

sandy said...

Its so nice to see Talia enjoying the beautiful weather there. I hope the summer just drags out for her:)

sandy said...

I should say for the both of you!!!!

Unknown said...

Ok Daddy,...that's just WRONG!!!! Teasing that poor child with not only an ice cream cone,..but a DOUBLE DIPPER one at that! haha