If I didn't know better, I would have thought that yesterday was the baby's first Christmas. It almost received as many gifts as we did - a lot of Penn State gear, a huge stash of Steelers outfits (including what is quite possibly the smallest hooded sweatshirt ever made), and a few story books about "mom" and "dad".
This Christmas experience raises an interesting question - was this technically its first Christmas since we know about it and have been following its development so closely? In reality, it won't have any better idea next year what is happening on Christmas Day, so why isn't this Christmas its first?
I did quickly discover one benefit of getting several gifts this year - we can re-wrap them next year as gifts for the baby. On that note, why stop there... I can buy gifts for myself and address them to the baby. It can have the excitement of opening them, and I can enjoy the benefits afterwards. That's what I call a win-win arrangement! So with this plan cooked up, I have one more chance next Christmas to splurge on myself. Excuse me while I start writing my wish list ... ;)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.
Until next time...
- Mike
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Due to the recession, Santa is only giving gifts to children [under 17] HaHaHa
hahaha,.....you are right Mike,..next year is the last year Christmas could and will be about "YOU". After that, like your Mom said,...Santa only takes care of the little ones! BUT, that's just as exciting!
MERRY CHRISTMAS LITTLE ONE!!! We already love you tons!!!
Post a Comment