Friday, February 27, 2009

Guinea Pigs

Now that we have past the half-way point in the pregnancy, Alysia has been very persistent in reminding me that we need to narrow down our choices of potential boys and girls names to a short list.

My problem is that I think 90+% of girls names are great, and less than 3% of boys names are adequate. The result is that I can't settle on any girls names, and I genuinely can't think of many boys names that I'll like. There was one very intruiging boy name that we really took to - Aidric - but we're less enthusiastic about it now because we realized some close friends of ours (Mike & Kate and Lisa & Matt) already have infants with very similiar-sounding names - Aiden and Caden. So, we definitely don't want to rain on their parade.

Anyone who reads this post is free to give their opinion on two names that we are considering right now. Each name has the same story - one of us came up with it, and the other is not convinced yet that it will work.

My name - Boy - Julian Connor
Alysia's name - Girl - Talia Mae


Other than the name dilema, everything is going very well. We stripped down the spare bedroom tonight so that we can begin the painting process. The highlight of the night was my success in moving the (surprisingly heavy) ski machine from the 2nd floor to the basement. I can't wait to move that again whenever we move out of our house one day...

We also took a trip to Saginaw today to put our crib on order at Babies 'R Us. Of course, we bought a bunch of other things too. It's amazing how quickly you can spend money at that place. I'm pretty sure that that company is recession-proof.

On a side note, I've had "spring break" this week with school, so I've gotten a nice break. It's funny how even now, even though I'm only taking a single class part-time, it's still a great feeling to have spring break! (Just imagine how Ben feels every day....)

Until next time....

- Mike

3 comments:

sandy said...

my opinion is.....Pick a name that sounds good and feels right.I also liked joshua,derrick,kristen,sara to name a few...lol..Once a name is chosen, it always seem to fit..

Anonymous said...

I realize that you were trying to insinuate that I'm perpetually on Spring Break, and I will not dissuade you from believing this. You're jealous, and I'm OK with that. I'm really looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks!

Ben

Kathy said...

I was thinking Cullum for a boy and Awanata for a girl@!! haha Seriously,....I remember how hard it was to pick out a name. I do like both names you said. You might be surprised once you see this baby's face how a certain name may just "fit"/ Or you could always use my system......eenie meenie minie mo!! haha