Friday, April 24, 2009

Back from the Dead

After hearing from Alysia almost on a daily occurence, you might have wondered what happened to her other half. I've been in confinement for the last 2 weeks trying to prepare for a final exam. (I can't believe that I'm still doing this.) Now I can gladly say that my last core course final exam is over, which represents some kind of milestone. At least the timing is nice for wrapping up this class, because I definitely have some work to get done at the house over the next 10 weeks.

Alysia and the baby are still doing great, with the exception of a nagging back ache that Alysia developed last weekend. She went to a chiropractor today to try to get "re-alligned", and that seemed to do the job. Alysia gets a double-bonus this weekend actually, because we scheduled a massage for tomorrow before deciding to try a chiropractor.

We also met the baby's pediatrician this week to ask some questions and get acquainted. Numerous friends and co-workers have told us that he's a great doctor. I think that the best part of our visit was the horrible look on his face when we told him that we're both engineers. He asked us to please not be engineers around the baby...

Until next time...
- Mike

1 comment:

jphillips said...

The pediatrician's remark is hysterical!!! Glad you like him. Hope the chiropractor does the trick for Alysia's back. "Been there, done it!" (often).....haha