Saturday, April 4, 2009

Life is Full of Surprises

It's been awhile since we've posted.... mostly because life has thrown some surprises at us! As of last Thursday, 3/26/09, I have been on strict BEDREST. Today is Day 9 and here is a factual recap of life over the past week:
- To start, everything is stable..... things look fine....... baby's quite healthy
- We've spent two nights in the hospital this past week. To our regret, we're now quite practiced at arriving at labor & delivery and are getting to know the nurses very well. Each time I've been admitted, my contractions are 2-3 minutes apart......
- I'm technically experiencing pre-term labor, although the contractions I have are not affecting my cervix at this time. I've been put on medication (breathine) in an effort to quiet my uterus down.
- The doctors have no indication of why this started. Everything looks completely normal (which is good)!
- I'm now limited to lying on my side 24/7, either in bed or on the couch. I have bathroom priveleges (thank God), but that's the extent of allowable excitement on my feet.

We love this baby so, so much and are doing everything we can to keep it safe. It's tough and certainly not what anyone wishes for, but we're taking it one week at a time. Keep growing little one!

Alysia

2 comments:

sandy said...

Releaved to hear your feeling well, and staying on your side as ordered. I know your a go-go-go-type person,but now you must rest. Glad to hear your parents are coming up, thats good news.If you need anything, just let us know.

jphillips said...

Hang in there, guys. Get a list of requests ready for us. We will halp in any way possible. See you on Thursday.
Lots of love to all three of you.
Mom and Dad