Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm Thankful For......

If you've read my recent blog, you know I'm on bedrest. As relaxing and low-stress as this may sound, it's really no walk in the park. However, instead of thinking about the many annoying aspects of it, I feel like being an optimist today. Here is a list of things I'm currently thankful for:

- My husband! He's been a sweetheart and I know this is just as tough on him as it is on me. He's spent as much time with me as possible, suggests an impromptu game of Uno every so often, cooks fantastic meals, fills my line of sight with fresh cut flowers, keeps my stockpile of DVD's stocked, and has taken the recent emergency hospital visits with a sense of calm.
- All of the windows in my house! I can watch my spring bulbs poking up in the garden from my bathroom window during my many trips to the toilet throughout the day. From the couch, I have a perfect idea of what it's like outside, as the sun shines straight into the living room. This morning, I even got to watch the snow falling (yes, in April:)
- Laptops! Although typing is quite difficult on my side, I can click, click away the minutes on the internet. May sound boring, but it's something.
- Family & Friends! Close to 30 people still gathered for our baby shower this past Saturday in Pennsylvania even though we couldn't make it home. Pictures and videos were taken so that we can enjoy and relive the party. Last week, friends popped in and out of the house on their lunch breaks and stopped by for surprise visits. That kindness means so much to me - I couldn't ask for better friends.
- Baseball Season! The Phillies kicked off their season last night, and although they lost - I'm excited to watch nearly every one of their games in the coming weeks.
- Technology & Medicine! Without these two, we wouldn't be awaiting the arrival of our little one. And, pre-term labor would be much scarier and less manageable.....

Alysia

1 comment:

sandy said...

Yup...lots to be thankful for!!