Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Little Things

It's so cliche - but I've realized I completely agree with the statement "Having a baby changes the way you see things". For instance, it is amazing how much joy can be felt in the littlest things Talia does every day. We know these "things" will change as she grows, and so I've tried to capture some of our favorites below.

We love the way she:

  1. Sticks her tongue out when she smiles
  2. Holds her hands together (like she's praying) while she eats
  3. Thoroughly enjoys getting her face washed in the tubby
  4. Snuggles her head into your chest when she's sleepy
  5. Becomes serious and comtemplative when she needs to go to the bathroom
  6. Coos in delight when you talk to her
  7. Follows the page turns when you read to her
  8. Never produces just a "wet" diaper - there are always a few "skitters" (Dad's term)

Alysia

2 comments:

jphillips said...

No truer words spoken. And the joy and pride they bring goes on and on. The love for your child is beyond words.
Enjoy every minute.

Bean Tripp said...

I think she gets number five from her daddy! Hehe... I can't wait to meet sweet Talia and see what she thinks of our little one (hopefully, she'll be here by then, too!)...