Sunday, April 19, 2009

29 Weeks

Here are the 29 Week pictures of Baby:

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good (aside from the pulled back muscle mentioned in prior post). It took almost 7 1/2 months, but I am really starting to feel pregnant now. Deep breaths are definitely a thing of the past, and the indigestion I had months ago has reached a new level of annoying. Although things are getting more uncomfortable by the week, I love this stage of Baby's mobility. Baby puts on a show each night from about 10 - 11PM while I lay in bed. Maybe we'll take a video sometime to post.....
We've made some progress on the nursery front thanks to a visit from my folks over Easter. The closet is now empty and ready to fill with cute clothes, the dresser is painted, all of our lovely gifts from the baby shower have arrived, and the crib is together! Here are a few pictures that are too precious not to share.

This is a 1920's era portable crib that I used as a child. Dad spent the past few months fixing it up and painting it to match our nursery. The patchwork quilt, blankie, and afghans were made by my Mom:


Here is the not necessary, but so adorable chair we purchased for the nursery:


And here is the crib! Mike put it together last Sunday:

Finally, although we missed our own Baby Shower (how often does that happen?), we had the chance to relive it through a home video and pictures. Here are a few cute touches that I must share.

Everyone played games:

- Which chocolate bar did Baby eat last night? - judge using all senses from "poopy" diapers
- Which baby item am I? - figure out what's posted on your back by asking others questions
- Complete the nursery rhymes - contained within the cute laminated frogs below!

And here is a picture of a few of the white chocolate frog candies. I'm sure they were tedious to make - love you Mom!

Alysia

2 comments:

jphillips said...

That would be so awesome to see a video of baby's "activity." For those of us on dial-up, it would be worth the two hour wait.........haha
My vote agrees with Sandy's (healthy baby). We would love boy or girl.....
With that being said, I think it is a girl.
Donna

sandy said...

Everything looks soooo nice. Id like to make the drapes, but I don't sew...haha..Hey, I could buy the drapes! Remember moist heat for your back. Even a tea towel dampened and microwaved for a minute or two works great.