During my weekly appointment this morning, I informed my doctor that this past week has been much worse in terms of the number of contractions sustained. A typical day in my life this week involves 2-3 hour intervals, several times a day, with contractions 2-5 minutes apart. Fun stuff. Our doctor has had three children in recent past, and communicates her sympathy when I tell her this. She wishes there was something she could do for me, but alas, some people just have a "twitchy" uterus:)
I never imagined that I would begin to personify my uterus. But, it has taken on many names in the past several months: "twitchy", "irritable", "cranky", and Mike and my favorite, "mean". All very true descriptions, but I choose to believe the following theory:
- My uterus feels the need to be adequately prepared. It will not be content to come in last place, just getting the job done. It strives for gold, wants to be the center of attention, and will continue to practice until it achieves perfection. No amount of hydration will calm it down - in fact, it feeds its strength. If I do not feel like I have done 1000 situps in the morning, then it does not believe it has done its best. Practice makes perfect.
And so I hope the adage rings true. May labor be easy and efficient because of my uterus's quest for greatness.
Alysia
4 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA!
Go for the gold A's uterus!
I do believe you are the only one I know that has given your uterus a "term of endearment"! haha You and your uterus will be pro's at this by delivery time!
Another week in, won't be much longer.Its going to feel good to get up and do whatever you feel like again. This baby needs a powerful name !
Gee, sounds familiar!!!!
Alysia
not be content to come in last place, just getting the job done. It strives for gold, wants to be the center of attention, and will continue to practice until it achieves perfection.
Hang in there, honey.
We love you.
Post a Comment