There are a few specific places that are just awkward to visit with only another guy. A darkly lit restaurant is one good example. Last Wednesday, I discovered that Babies R' Us is another such place.
Our friends Brian and Stacie have a fairly large SUV, so I convinced our friend Brian to help me pick up our crib since our car is too small. The store told us that the box was supposed to be 5 1/2 ft x 4 ft. x 3 ft. - which is huge if you really stop and think about it. We actually expected that the box might not fit in their car, and that we'd have to take out all of the pieces and leave the box at the store.
While in the store, we maintained a minimum 5 foot clearance between us so that the employees didn't mistake us as a couple. We didn't actually talk about intentionally keeping a separation - it was completely instinctual. (We did joke about how badly it would look if we got into an argument in front of everyone.)
As it turns out, the container for the crib was much smaller than advertised - only 4 ft. x 3 ft x 1/2 ft, so we got it home with no problem. As I write this, I'm expecting that the box has everything in it and that we're not missing any other parts, but the smaller size does make me a bit nervous. Since our due date is July 9, I figure that I'll open up the box on July 8 and find out then if we have everything that we need to put it together...
We are quite happy that everything is progressing so well. According to the books that we have, the baby's lungs and eyes are nearly developed now, so the odds of a healthy delivery will continually increase significantly every week for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Until next time.....
- Mike
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ha Ha...thats a funny story mike. We actually were baby shopping today.You better open up the crib sooner. You never know, you just might be missing some parts.
Hilarious! Hope you guys have a great time on vacation!!
Post a Comment